Macon Long-Term Care Attorney
Warm And Client-Focused Legal Counsel To Help You Plan For Your Long-Term Care
As you age, your life may not be as easy as it used to be. It can take extra energy to accomplish daily tasks, and you may even struggle with health issues that crop up with age. Long-term care addresses ways to cope with these changes in your health and age by providing services like personal care, nursing home support and Medicaid benefits to pay for these services.
Choose Our Elder Law Attorneys In Macon
Jen Haskins Law, LLC, is here to guide you through the process of planning for your long-term here. The firm can help you determine what type of services you need for your future, as well as how to pay for them. The firm even has an in-house Medicaid application specialist who exclusively helps clients with Medicaid applications. It can be quite overwhelming and emotionally draining to think about your future medical needs and costs, but it is an important matter to plan for.
Schedule an initial consultation with Jennifer Moore at Jen Haskins Law, LLC, for dedicated legal support with your long-term care plan. Our elder law attorneys serve Houston and Jones counties and the Central Georgia area. Call 478-200-2232!
What Is Included In Long-Term Care?
Long-term care involves a range of services designed to address your personal care and health to enable you to live in a safe and independent manner when you are no longer able to do so on your own. Long-term care can be provided in different contexts, such as in a nursing home or community residence.
Long-term care is expensive, though, and it can be overwhelming to think about the costs of elderly care in the future. Will your retirement be enough to cover these costs? Are you eligible for Medicaid? Our Macon elder law lawyer at Jen Haskins Law, LLC, can take a closer look at your unique situation to guide you toward a feasible long-term care plan.
Long-Term Care Planning
Every person has different needs for long-term care. To evaluate how much and what type of long-term care you need, you may consider the following factors in your life:
- Age – The older you are, the likelier you may need some form of long-term care support
- Marital status – Single individuals may need care from a paid provider as they live alone
- Health and family history – Your medical history could help you plan for what to expect regarding your health care needs as you age
Some examples of things you might want to consider in your long-term care plan are:
- Senior transportation services such as for commuting to medical appointments and other places in the community
- Homemaker and personal care services such as bathing and dressing, meal preparation and household chores
- Medicaid benefits can cover medical expenses like nursing home care, hospital bills, prescriptions, vision and dental care, Medicare premiums and other needs
An experienced Macon long-term care lawyer can help you build a thorough plan to look after your needs in your elderly years. They can also help you devise a strategy for paying for this long-term care, depending on your financial situation and the services you elect to use. Common ways to fund long-term care are:
- Personal funds (e.g., income, pension plans, savings)
- Government health insurance benefits (e.g., Medicaid)
- Veterans benefits
- Long-term care insurance
Let Jen Haskins Law, LLC, Help You Apply For Medicaid Today
Jen Haskins Law, LLC, provides a comprehensive suite of long-term care services, from helping you plan for your medical needs in the future to applying for Medicaid. In fact, the firm has an in-house Medicaid application specialist on call who can help you build a strong application for financial support. Jennifer Moore can also help you set up a Miller Trust to ensure your eligibility for benefits, and she can also help you draft an advance health care directive to cover other medical needs in your future.